Monday, January 3, 2011

A STEP UP - LADDER REDO

i had been looking for one of these old wooden  step ladders ever since i saw how a woman had redone her's over
at beyond the picket fence. she ended up using hers to hold wine bottles, i had something else in mind. and there it was, at the thrift store. sometimes...
i think i am lucky. i do find alot of stuff at our neighborhood shop. I think the key is you just have to visit it alot as its always hit or miss. she was mine for $3.99, i could not
wait to get her home and start the project.

before...
shes looking kinda sad
intermediate stage...


and the after reveal...
i added a few numbers to jazz her up a little



i decided that i would use it in my newly remodeled bathroom...




11 comments:

  1. That's way cute! I'm going to be on the lookout for a old ladder now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so dang creative! ;) I love it! We have one we use as a nightstand in the guest bedroom but I love your idea. Someday when I have a big soaker tub, this will be my inspiration for right beside it. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a genius idea. very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    I've got some great handmade giveaways so take a peek when you drop by:)

    Great idea. I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you did good, the color you choose is beautiful, the letters are perfect, and of course the way you put it to use, is brilliant. I absolutely love it.

    THANK YOU so much for finding me, and linking up to **Amaze me AUgust** I appreciate it SO VERY much. Hope to see you back next week.

    I am your newest VERY happy follower, your blog is awesome.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I have never been so lucky to find one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are my features blogger this week.

    If you can send me a photo of the finished ladder I will get it in the feature box. Your photo is locked so I can't add it.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a remarkable job with the step ladder...looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Would you come and share this with WorkShop Wednesday. It would be a nice addition to the party and I would like to feature it nest week!

    ReplyDelete

inComm