Friday, November 26, 2010

BIG RED DRESSER REDO...

BIG RED

This dresser was given to me by a lady when i answered a craigslist add. I originally went there to pick up a small unfinished dresser and she told me she was moving and could'nt take alot of stuff with her. She let me have this dresser and some other pieces for free. I thank her very much. I sent her an email with the finished result to which she told me she was glad someone got the pieces that would appreciate them and
"who knew they could look so good"



BEFORE...





AFTER..
BIG RED !!!



I stained the top and painted the rest. restored the cork that was onthe top which acts like a shadow box and
replaced the knobs.



LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT I
HOPE YOU LIKE HER..


15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It looks very primitive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at red! LOVE it! Thanks for linking up and sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to feature this on Thrilling Thursday tomorrow. Feel free to stop by and grab and "I Thrilled" featured button if you would like! Thanks again for linking up. Hope you stop by again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, WOW, how in the world can it get any better, you got this for FREE< you made it yourself> and it looks better than anything you could get at the store, I LOVE IT!!!!

    That shadowbox on top is a BRILLIANT idea. I want a dresser JUST like that.

    Ok, PLEASE you know what to do, I know what a pain I am, BUT girl, you got me head over heels for your projects. You are AWWWWESOME!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free? Thats a pretty nice price! I love it in the red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Found your blog via SNS and so glad I did. Guess I'm your newest follower.

    I have a buffet to redo...any advice would be most welcome! I think red is the color I'm choosing for it too.

    Stop by and say hi when you can ~
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you haven't already, make sure you enter my linky party for the chance to become Best of the Best and win an award and prizes!
    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-like-you-mean-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love big Red!!! I have also made over Craigslist finds and then emailed the pictures back to the owner. They are always so thrilled to see the changes. You did an awesome job on that dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with the dresser and I can really see all the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this piece and the top is great. i've seen them on coffee tables, but never a dresser. thanks for linking it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful lauren! the color is so fun and i love the hardware! it's the perfect jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This piece looks fantastic, love the color.

    ReplyDelete

inComm