Thursday, September 17, 2015

MAD MEN STYLE !!!!






I FINALLY SNAGGED MYSELF ONE OF THESE GORGEOUS MID-CENTURY MODERN PIECES THAT I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO REDO FOREVER!! 

I FOUND IT ON CRAIGSLIST
FROM A MAN WHO ACTUALLY
BUYS UP ESTATE SALE
LEFT-OVERS IN BULK. HE SAID HE
DIDN'T THINK ANYONE WOULD BUY IT
SO HE WAS GIVING IT AWAY 
FOR FREE.

HERE SHE IS WHEN I PICKED
HER UP! BEFORE....

SCRATCHED AND NEGLECTED BUT I NEVER
WOULD HAVE PUT BABY IN THE CORNER LET ALONE GIVE HER AWAY!!




SHE ALSO CAME WITH THIS HUTCH

THAT I WILL BE RE-DOING
AS A SEPARATE PIECE, ADDING LEGS
TO IT AND MAKING IT INTO A BOOKCASE!




SO HERE WE GO. I WANTED TO SAND

IT ALL DOWN AS THE SCRATCHES ON
THE TOP WERE REALLY DEEP.



AND HERE IS THE AFTER

IN ALL HER GLORY...



 I KEPT THE ORIGINAL HARDWARE
AND I SANDED IT DOWN TO 
THE SILVER THAT WAS BELOW THE
PAINT AND THEN BUFFED IT SMOOTH!






NO WONDER MAD MEN WAS SO
POPULAR, IT WAS THE FURNITURE!

LOVE HER AND I AM KEEPING

HER FOR MYSELF!!!
HOPE YOU
LIKE HER AS MUCH AS I DO!



20 comments:

  1. He was giving it away for free???? You hit the lottery with that one! It looks gorgeous, Lauren! Glad to see you posting again!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes free, i couldn't believe it. and i cant wait to do the the top piece. Looking for legs for it

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to see you posting again! I really enjoy your work and I would be so happy if you would share this at my Making broken Beautiful party this week! I would be honored if you would help to make this party grow :0)
    Smiles!
    Terry

    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much and of course i will !!

      Delete
  3. I am starting to find this modern style beautiful too. I love the natural wood that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks i keep checking craigslist, thinking maybe he'll put more stuff on there!

      Delete
  5. Free! Eeeek! Free? I'm so impressed that you got this for free and then set about transforming it into a buffet and bookshelves. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. the bookshelf isn't done yet but hope to find legs for it soon!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Very nicely done! I love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous job on this piece from back when American made, meant something in the furniture business. I love the hardware and silver is so current now. Good Catch! thanks, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping over to check it out, i have 2 end tables that are mid-century as well , not the same design but i cant wait to get started on them

      Delete
  9. Love her too. Glad you kept the original wood tones, you really brought out the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a beautiful restoration job! I featured antique sideboards on my blog this week.
    I'm a new follower,
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a beautiful restoration job! I featured antique sideboards on my blog this week.
    I'm a new follower,
    Karee

    ReplyDelete

inComm